Friday, October 1

please don't put that there

I went back for a follow up sleep study* last night. Boy, that's good sleep. My favorite part was driving home with what looked like animal sperm on my chin and in my hair. I kept driving just like, 5 k too fast, hoping the cops would pull me over and arrest me. The sleep techs got my CPAP machine cranked up to around 14, which pretty much makes it feel like someone is blowing up a balloon from inside my own mouth. Very relaxing.



*What is a sleep study?A sleep study or polysomnogram (PSG) is a test that examines a person's sleeping behavior. It is an all-night procedure where a professional PSG technologist applies several electrodes to your scalp, chin, chest and legs to monitor your brain waves, heart activity and body movements during sleep. An elastic belt is placed around your abdomen in order to record respirations. Two thin wires are placed near your nose and mouth to record air flow during breathing. Finally, a small device is placed on your finger to measure your oxygen level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter