Wednesday, December 1

I lost my window

Since Monday (when you could have watched CBC and seen me tell Shaun Majumder not to open the "number 1" envelope at the halfway point of the Greatest Canadian results show) until now, life has just escaped my grasp.

I was going to go on a hike on Thursday, weather permitting, and of course the weather doesn't look like it will be permitting. I rediscovered my love of the wood walk only 2 weeks ago, and in my fashion I did so far too late to take advantage of it this year. It's not the cold, mind you. I like the cold as long as it isn't still going around with the biting wind. In the woods, they are legally separated most of the time. No, what I'm worried about is the frosty ground, which can make a trail of rocks and tree roots slightly more deadmaking than I'm willing to risk. Therefore, I must wait until spring. Who knows? It might clear up enough for me to get one last one in.

I'm also hosting a TV technician for the fourth time in five months, as I fight an ongoing war to be able to see all of my DVD's, not just the bottom 9/10ths of the picture. Yeah, mostly I'm hoping to be able to just take the damn thing back and get a different one. I've decided that as much as I love a tube television, they're just not suited to a 16x9 world, with the windowboxing and the geometry and the glaaaavin. I'm probably going to have to break down and go for the LCD projection that I like but don't love. (contrast ratios rule everything around me. C.R.R.E.A.M.) More on that after the incredibly argumentative tv tech leaves later today.

I'm also jonesing for (surprise, surprise) the iTunes music store coming to Canada, something that was supposed to happen by yesterday at the latest. I'm still waiting. The weird part is, not only has there been only a minor change at the store itself (I can now browse the other stores again, but still no Canada option) but Apple hasn't issued a statement about the delay, and no one else has written a follow up article about it either. Surely there must be someone more rabidly excited than me in the liberal media that wants to stir up the muck. Just do it, already, I wants my original motown singles and I wants 'em now.

I played poker last night, and in the weirdest coincidence ever I cashed out exactly what I started with. I don't just mean the same amount of money, either. I mean the exact same chip denominations. Freakish.

I'm missing the Lost party tonight so that Leah can go to the condo's annual meeting while I look after Max, but I hope to be in the swing of it again next week. Speaking of, if you've been thinking about picking up the Entertainment Weekly with the Lost cover story, just be warned: SPOILERS! Huge, monkey-sucking spoilers that made me want to go back and fucking un-read them to get them out of my head. Great article, but Lost is the one show I want to have without knowing a damn thing about what's coming next. It's disastrously delicious.

The TV thing is just crushing down on me like there's no tomorrow, too. I'm finally getting near the end of Rescue Me and Wonderfalls (and Jewel Staite turns out to be in it next week, so that's gorram awesome) when suddenly here come season two of SFOO (6 feet under to the uninitiated) and House to take their place. It aint gonna stop.

Also last night turns out to be the best single episode of Amazing Race I've ever seen, with everything that proves that that show is the Mack Daddy of Reality TV. Great locations, awesome conflicts, people getting lost, weird ass challenges (hay unbaling? icy shot glass curling? ikea employment?) and absolutely soul crushing mistakes made for a hell of an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter