Sunday, October 24

your brain is an important learning tool

I spent the day indoors yesterday, fighting off what remains of the wicked head cold. Currently it seems to have worked its way down into my throat, in an ongoing journey through my body that undoubtedly ends in my rectum (or my toe). Enjoy your meal!

Also got through a serious amount of staring blankly at a television screen. Lucky that I'm married and have a child to look after, otherwise I might have nothing left to do for having done it all. Since both of those folks are away for the weekend and I'm all alone, I watched: Disc one of Michel Gondry, this week's Project Greenlight (ouch, Chris MacDonald), Jerry Seinfeld: I'm Telling You for the Last Time, The Company, Survivor: Outback(DVD), Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (all 6 eps), Saturday Night Live (ugh, but I gotta give props for the Zell Miller thing; astounding). I also had soup and ordered Swiss Chalet, thus feeding the mind and the body.



I'm a big believer in moving out of your parents house, but I realized that being completely on my own without even a roommate is not in the cards for me. I just get too freaked out at night. I actually woke up at 6:15 this morning when I thought I heard a woman in the other room use my name. I did the classic thing too...called out "hey, anybody there?" which makes a lot of sense if you're worried that some one might actually be there intent on causing you harm. What are they gonna do, call back "yes, but don't worry, just a home invasion"??

I also spent the weekend trying not to mess the place up after the cleaning lady came Friday. There's that post cleaning lady honeymoon and I'm just trying to enjoy it. I even made it cleaner, went out on the balcony and took care of the inch of grime that builds up out there every 6 months (what the hell? are we breathing that? I mean I'm 9 stories up here, is that shit just hanging in the air?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter