Tuesday, November 16

when will it end?

There's a stack of unwatched DVD's in my house that I'm trying to get through before acquiring any more. It's around 30 discs, about 100 hours of viewing by my estimates. There's the ongoing PVR schedule, which includes The Daily Show, Rescue Me, Lost, Dinner For Five, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Simpsons, Arrested Development, Saturday Night Live, Joey (although I'm not sure for how much longer), Father of the Pride (ditto), Wonderfalls, Scrubs, Enterprise, the occasional movie and starting tonight I'll be adding House and The Amazing Race. That right there is about 12 hours per week. I surveyed the next two months and there are around 15 movies I'd like to see theatrically, about 2-3 per week.

Never mind that I haven't read a novel in more than a year. Never mind that I play poker once a week, play xBox once a week, and try to go to the park with Max or cook or eat out or just hang out or just do housework. My career is like a break from my real job, entertaining myself. I also decided recently to try and watch the entire run of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD, a decision which I'm sure I will see to fruition around the time my son leaves home for university. You can say it's a good problem to have, but I'm starting to curse my brain for taking an interest. I feel a constant pressure to try to stay on top of it all, something I'm pretty sure recreation is not supposed to result in. I'm gonna give up and spend a year on a mountain just as soon as I can figure out how to make sure no one misses me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter