Tuesday, January 11

recovery

Sitting around Matt's coffee table last night, jamming on subculture and de-problemizing the production made me feel like it might really happen. Oh god, I damn well hope so. I am ready, really ready, to put my name on something big and good and permanent, something I haven't done since 1996 and Festival Pass. This blog is the closest I've gotten.

Oh, and I guess Max counts on that score as well. I keep forgetting about him. The post op recovery period officially ends today, and he's back at school tomorrow. The number of get well cards and phone calls has taken me absolutely aback. People have been more than generous in their concern for his well being. The kids at waterfront put together (and hand delivered) the most beautiful giant banner. It really is a restore the faith in humanity kind of moment.

There haven't been any lasting effects, other than his voice becoming much higher and kind of squeaky, so he's now a muppet babies version of his former self. Also, he's addicted to videogames, specifically Simpsons Hit n Run. We're taking everything back on Wednesday night, so we'll see how it goes.

The Apple store is down right now. They're getting ready with all the new goodies from MacWorld, the keynote of which is being delivered momentarily. Here's where we find out if we really can save about 2 grand by picking up that little media mac they keep talking about. I hope so. I would love to surf the net on my 34" HDTV from my couch, and this could make that more than possible. I also might be able to vid cap right from the DVD, providing my little blog with lots moe cool content. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter