Wednesday, January 12

they're dancing as fast as they can

With the Golden Globes approaching and People's Choice already behind us, Awards season is in full swing. My current issue of entertainment weekly proudly trumpets all of its choices for possible Oscar nominees, something that in and of itself helps to shape the actual choices since academy members tend to go with whoever is being touted by others.

The ironical part for me is that basically none of the categories had enough greatness in them this year to even warrant 5 nominees. The crappiest year at the movies in my memory ends with people desperately shilling their below average product just as stridently as they would have if the pictures were good. The emperor not only has no clothes, he didn't even stop masturbating and get out of bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mojo said...

I completely agree, dude. Lame lame year for movies. Hey, I know, let's film another bio pic!

I keep some hope that Eternal Sunshine might bring home the prize in both the globes and oscars... but it's looking less and less likely.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter