Friday, August 19

As far down as I wanted to go, and then some

I'm in an internet café in Rome, taking a break while I wait for Matt to record a podcast over skype. I don't want to talk about yesterday. That is out. O U T. But Wednesday was nice, in Nice. Beautiful, varied, pleasant. Today the same. So what if I wanted to take my own life on the in between day? Let's just forget it happened.

Just know this: 5 year olds do NOT need to travel. They can safely be left at home, without the slightest guilt.

In any case, some highlights. A fantastic view of nice from the waterfall on the hill, a great walk along the beach, the Matisse museum, and perhaps my best meal so far, a mixed green salad with a dijon vinaigrette, a gigantic piece of smoked salmon and a huge scoop of buffalo mozzarella. Fucking great, simple, light and fresh. And today, a slice of pizza from a joint that simply sold the slices by weight. I asked for quattro formaggi, and the lady motioned with her hands, how big? Then she just threw it on the scale. Less than 3 euros for a HUGE slice.

Saw the Trevi, the Pantheon, The Spanish Steps, The Fountain of the 4 Rivers. Great Cappucino (maybe the best ever). Great simple lunch. And I bought some awesome sneaks, baby.

Hopefully pictures soon. Or at least once I'm home. Someday I will blog about yesterday, but today won't be that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter