Wednesday, October 26

I thought Hootkins was dead months ago.

We spent last night curled up on the couch watching A Dirty Shame on dvd. It's nice when a great festival movie actually holds up out in the real world. Best of all was kind of monitoring the reaction beside me on the couch, as it went from "this is stupid" to "yeah, but really funny" to "no, actually it's kind of serious in its own goofy way". Exactly the reaction I had to it a year ago, and why it wound up on my top ten for 2004. Not for everybody (I wouldn't recommend it to my parents, for example) but raunchy and sweet and probably a good idea for anybody starting to be engaged by the puberty monster.

Things have been churning away out in the real world for a while as well. I finally got to see Max in full on Karate action at his class. Leah points out, quite correctly, that just like her ballroom dancing experience he's got a little problem with remembering the "steps." Still, how cute is it to watch 20 five and six year olds all punch and kick the air in unison? Pretty damned cute, indeed.

I also took him out to see Body Worlds at the science centre. The actual exhibit couldn't be more fantastic, I highly recommend. Also, Max got bored and came out with his best line since "you're not talking". After asking to leave for the 10th time, he finally looked at me and said "Daddy, you're like Godzilla. You never leave!" No I don't know what it means either, and I'm also not sure Max knows who Godzilla is, but come on... That's awesome all the same.

I'm about a week away from announcing a fairly life altering decision... but I can't until it's for sure (background checks are being conducted as we speak). I can't wait to make it all public. It's weird when you know your life will change, that you'll be leaving some people behind and having to forge all new friendships. That you'll have to start thinking about things in a much more intelligent way again. I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and it really feels good to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter