Wednesday, October 27

damn my racism

yeah, so the reason I couldn't figure out who Michael was (according to the ep description he's getting beat up tonight on Lost) is because, of course, Michael is the black guy. It doubly sucks because Harrold Perrineau was one of my primary reasons for watching lost in the first place. I own 2 DVDs with seminal Perrineau perfs on them, Romeo + Juliet and Smoke. I am a genuine fan, and I didn't even bother to learn the character's name after 5 episodes. He was just "the black guy." Shame on me.

Shame on Robert Harris, too. The man responsible for the restoration of Lawrence of Arabia (my superbit copy just hums, thank you) to 70mm amongst many other film preservation efforts has an interview here with George Feltenstein, Sr. VP of Marketing for the Warner Brothers classic catalog. I'm warning you, though. Read this at your own risk. Reading this has cost me well over $1000 in future purchases by my count. Fuck you, WB for being so gorram responsive to my film classic lovin' soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter