Monday, April 11

gagnez un biscuit

If you are a reader of the linked blogs, you already know what I did yesterday. That's the essential issue of two bloggers hanging out; who will report back first? If not, I'll fill you in.

I went on a big fat hike yesterday. I wanted to go last week, but I mean, come on... did you look outside last Sunday morning? I like to hike, but I prefer it in a non-apocalyptic weather environment.

This week was different. Sun so hot I got a burn, my earliest sunburn on record, on my neck, face and arms. There was still ice on the ground up there even with the sun beating down, and water rushing and frogs brek-a-keck kecking their little hearts out. We saw a beautiful 18 inch garter snake that made me wish I was a parselmouth, entered a tree and branch defined cavern of gauzy filtered light, and walked until we were more than glad to stop. A swiss cheese and tomato sandwich became the best tasting thing I have ever prepared. Ditto to the ice cold can of coke greedily consumed at the end of the day. Something about that super cold can, guzzled back hard until you feel the knitting needles on the back of your throat.

Saturday was an indoor day, I took a shift at work for a few hours, made damn fine use of the broiler with some gorgeous rib steaks and finished watching The Grifters with my sweetie. Andy called up about seeing Sin City, something I had mentioned to him earlier in the week, and I jumped out for a late late show. Too late for me as it turns out, as I nodded off during Hartigan's run at the farm and never quite came all the way back until the movie was over. I also got a little closer to finishing the project, and man it's starting to look good. Wait till you see it.

I'll post a link to something absolutely astounding now, by way of taking my leave:





Be sure to click on the "walking videos" link halfway down the page on the left. It will blow your mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter