Monday, October 31

Daily Circulation: 58

I'm going in tomorrow to give my notice. That's right, if my boss reads my blog he'll finally know something ahead of time. I am leaving, for greener pastures. But I seriously doubt he's readin' my blog.

In any case my ship has come in just a little bit, and I'm taking more money and more freedom and more responsibility starting in two or three weeks. I'll be back in home video, where I belong thank you very much. And did I mention more money? Plus god knows how much I'll save by buying my dvd's wholesale. That alone is probably worth more than the health insurance.

I'm pretty determined to make this work, too. From all indications I am getting one hell of a great boss, a smart, competent, funny woman who seems like she is on exactly the same wavelength as me. My interview last week ranks as one of the best first meetings I have ever had with anyone. (I hope she reads this, I'm really laying it on thick here.) I am really jazzed about being able to hire and fire, and I'm looking forward to being able to basically pick the people that I want to work with, something I've never been able to do. I am going out tomorrow to get my hands on as many books about interviewing and getting the right people as I can find.

The best part is I went out and did this completely on my own with no outside pressure at all. My job was totally secure. I wasn't in dire need of more money. I didn't have a huge moral quandary at work. I just knew I needed something better and I went out and found it.

Yay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter