Thursday, January 27

This completely slipped my mind.

Almost 2 months ago marked my one year anniversary in the blog-o-verse. I did nothing to commemorate. I didn't even post that day, stupid since marking the anniversary would have given me something to post about. Yet, here it is two months later before I even realized how long I've been doing this. I must be enjoying it.

Max opted to play a videogame last night instead of continuing the Harry Potter saga. We are 2 chapters from finishing Philosopher's stone, and so far while I am not in love, I see the appeal of the stories. There's a certain wry sensibility to that whole thing that propels the reader through some sloppy language and lazy plotting. I see no problem with spending the next year or so with these three scrappy youths as they try to make sense of their place in the extraordinary world.

At a chapter per night, say five nights out of seven, I can be averaging a book every two-three months. This might mean that we can be caught up for Goblet of Fire when it comes out next winter. As a treat at the end of each book, we will watch the movie. This ought to help reinforce what happened, and get us prepared to read the next book.

I'm also working on scripting the opening scene of a movie, a thriller. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Site Meter